General Standards for Continuing Professional Education (CPE):
- Continuing Professional Education requirements apply to all licensees. Each licensee shall complete CPE, which contributes directly to his or her professional competence.
- Each person to whom the CPE requirement applies shall complete forty (40) hours of acceptable CPE each calendar year as a condition of obtaining a renewal license.
- Not more than twenty (20%) percent (8 hours) of the required hours may be in personal development subjects. Personal development subjects that exceed twenty (20%) percent of the required hours shall not be available for carry‑over credit.
- Not more than fifty (50%) percent (20 hours) of the required hours may be in self-study programs. Self-study credits are not available for carry-over credit.
- No more than ten (10) hours of CPE can be earned in a calendar day.
- When a meal is scheduled during the educational period, no credit will be allowed unless the schedule provides for fifty (50) minutes of instruction after completion of the meal