SCSA 2015 Seminars
· September 28: Corporations & Partnerships Seminar (8 hours) presented by Caroline Strobel, CPA, PhD. Dr. Strobel teaches with the USC Darla Moore School of Business.
· September 29: Operating an Effective & Compliant Accounting and Tax Practice (2 hours) & Ethics for Licensed Accountants (2 hours) presented by Mark Hobbs, CPA.
· September 29: Health Care Reform Issues—One Year Later (4 hours) presented by Norman Clarke of Clarke Benefits.
· November 16-17: Individual Income Tax (16 hours) presented by Joseph Santoro, CPA, and Tony Johnson, CPA
The nature of the organization, or objects, or purposes to be transacted, promoted or carried on are:
- The Society is organized for the purpose of elevating and maintaining among its members a high standard of proficiency and integrity, to promote and to protect the interests of accountants in practice; to cultivate a spirit of professional cooperation among its members; to promote local societies of accountants into groups to be called Chapters; to create various sections that focus on different aspects of accounting to allow members to market their specific qualifications, and to establish good will and understanding between the general public and the accounting profession.
- Acting through its Board of Directors, President and other Officers, subject to the powers and restrictions of the Constitution and Bylaws, to do such acts as are necessary or convenient to the attainment of the objects and purposes herein set forth, and to the same extent and fully as any natural personal might or could do.
- To have offices and promote and carry on its objects and
purposes within or without the State of South Carolina.
- In general, to have all powers conferred upon it as provided for in the Constitution and Bylaws of this Society.